Social media has changed the way that we communicate, work, and play. For those who are involved in real estate, it’s important not to overlook social media and what it offers in the way of potential lead generation.
But while many people flock to Facebook, you should be giving LinkedIn just as much attention – and maybe more. LinkedIn is designed for professionals, and when you use it properly you will connect to those who can drive forwards your real estate success in a much more profound way.
Tips For Success: If you’re serious about your lead generation, keeping a few LinkedIn tips in mind can help you master it and improve your real estate success in a big way. Here are some of the things to remember.
- Pay Attention To Your Profile – Think of your profile as your online business card. It’s what people will look at when they first connect with you on LinkedIn, and it needs to convey your brand, your vision, and why you stand out. Think of it as a kind of online resume, and be sure to use a professional photograph to make the right impression.
- Get Personal – You should certainly start with your business credentials, but things like your favorite sports teams, family, hobbies, alma mater, and so on can help people make a personal connection with you that will improve your impact on viewers.
- Endorsements – Some sites suggest that LinkedIn endorsements are overrated, but the reality is that they serve as a kind of validation of your skills and capabilities. In other words, you need to pay attention to getting them.
- Make Connections And Use Them – Make as many connections as you can to those in your industry. This shows your relationships and lets others see who you’re connected with. Once you have connections, make use of them. Status updates let you tell others what’s going on or what properties you may have available.
- Provide Answers – The “Ask a Question” feature helps LinkedIn stand out, and is a great way to interact with potential leads. When you’re asked a question, answer as quickly as you can and try to remember to express your brand wherever possible.
- Join Groups – If you join the right real estate groups on LinkedIn, you’ll be able to network with peers as well as clients and start attracting leads while spreading your brand. Always join groups, and try to be active in them to help yourself stand out.
These basic tips can help you master LinkedIn and put it to work for you and your real estate goals. Social media matters, and getting the most from it can help you immensely.